Set out below is the Lowlands Club Tennis Court Schedule
This Schedule sets out which activities take priority on the tennis courts at the times set out below - with the proviso that the following activities take 'super-priority' at all times:
Mondays 6:30pm - 9:30pm:
Tuesdays 6:30pm - 9:30pm:
Wednesdays 6:30pm - 9:30pm:
Thursdays 6:30pm - 9:30pm:
Fridays from 5:00pm:
Fridays from 7:00pm:
Saturdays 9:30am - 1:00pm:
Saturdays 1:00pm - 4:00pm:
Saturdays 4:00pm - 6:30pm:
Open Play on all courts not required for coaching purposes or Lowlands team matches.
· Social members will be able to use vacant courts at this time but will have to vacate those courts if coaches, full, intermediate or junior members need the courts.
Sundays 10:00am - 1:00pm:
Sundays 4:30pm – 6:30pm:
Important Notes Accompanying this Schedule:
Meaning of Open Play (includes fixed fours/singles, and Tennis Committee Sanctioned tournaments:
· Open Play periods are as stated above, plus at all other times not designated as club sessions. During Open Play, vacant courts will generally operate on a first come, first served, basis - i.e. if all courts are occupied and members are waiting to come on, courts must be vacated after completing the set in progress. However, those already playing a Lowlands Closed Tournament match are permitted to complete that match. When playing a set, knock up should be no longer than 10 minutes.
Privately arranged external matches, box league, Shapla and Currie cup matches are bound by Open Play rules and players will be required to vacate courts after completing the set in progress, if other members are waiting for a court.
Lowlands Closed Tournament matches started in Open play cannot be completed on courts designated for Club sessions without the agreement of members of the section affected.
If not playing a set then the court should be vacated after 40 minutes of play, if all courts are occupied and members are waiting to come on.
You should only take possession of a court once all players in your game are ready to play.
· Social tennis members are restricted to their designated sessions as above and Open Play weekdays 8:30am - 4:30pm and weekends 6:30pm - 9.30pm (4:30-6:30 if courts free)
All members are encouraged to review the online calendar showing dates of club matches and events.
· Members are recommended to avoid busy periods for playing matches. This particularly includes weekday evenings when there are Intermediate section, Junior section and club matches requiring courts. Generally speaking, it is usually very easy to get a court during the following periods:
Weekdays during the day
Friday evenings after 7.00pm (when there is not a club match taking place)
Saturday evenings after 4:00pm
Members are discouraged from bringing guests during times of high court usage (e.g. Tuesday evenings and Thursday evenings) and in any event should restrict the number of times a particular guest is invited to 4 times within an annual period (guest fees are £2, £3 floodlit, £1 juniors at all times - and should be paid in advance). If your guest would like to join Lowlands – please contact David Knight (email@example.com).
· Players would be expected to consult and abide by the court schedule.
· In any situation where a dispute arises over court entitlement and agreement cannot be reached amicably, then the argument should not be prolonged but reported to the tennis committee, who can then take further action as deemed appropriate.
· Any disagreement over the interpretation of this Schedule shall be mediated upon by the Tennis Captain.
· The tennis committee will have the right to take action against players who breach the court schedules.
Updated July 2016